MILLBURN C. C. SCHOOL DISTRICT 24
PUBLIC HEARING for HOLIDAY WAIVERS
January 23, 2017
The Board of Education welcomes you to the Public Hearing concerning waiving the following legal Illinois holiday for the 2017-18 school year and making it a day of student attendance if needed to make up day for a snow emergency day:
Casimir Pulaski Day – First Monday in March
The following agenda of procedure for the Public Hearing will provide for an orderly opportunity for
each school district resident, who so desires, to have an opportunity to have input in regard to these waived holidays.
Generally, the Board President will open the hearings with appropriate remarks concerning the waivers.
He will then ask those residents in attendance who wish to speak to a topic to identify themselves and ask the
Board Secretary to record those names. Following the recording of all names of those desiring to address the
Board, the Secretary will call those listed in order and ask them to stand and be heard. A limit of 5 minutes is
placed upon residents for their presentation.
Upon completion of all presentations, the Board President will request responses from those Board members so wishing to respond to the residents’ presentations.
A G E N D A
1. Call to Order by Board President
2. Remarks by Board President
3. Request by Board President for resident presenters concerning the waived holidays
4. Board Secretary records names of those residents desiring to speak to a topic
5. Board Secretary will call names of presenters in order
6. Board Secretary limits presentation to 5 minutes
7. Upon completion of all presentations, Board President provides opportunity for all Board
members to respond to presentations
8. Adjournment of Public Hearing
The Board of Education thanks all residents in attendance at this Public Hearing for coming. Please be assured that the person/persons honored by the holiday will be recognized through instructional activities conducted on the holiday or days preceding or following the holidays.
Your continued interest in Millburn School is vital to the education of the communities’ children.