COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOL, WORK, AND HOME
*Fever 100.4 or above
*Muscle/body aches and/or chills
*New loss of taste or smell
*Fatigue from unknown cause
*Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
*New onset moderate to severe headache/unknown cause
Siblings of the sick student no longer have to stay home or are being sent home as we did last year, UNLESS the siblings are also exhibiting symptoms.
Please be sure to report any of the symptoms you experience above to your school nurse, employer, or physician. You will also need to do one of the following if you are experiencing one of those symptoms:
- Stay home for 10 FULL calendar days from symptom onset, (with DAY 1 counted as the day AFTER onset of symptoms) returning on the 11th day AND only after symptoms have improved/resolved 24 hours prior to return (without fever reducing medications) OR
- Present a note to the Health Office from a Healthcare Provider documenting an exam with an alternate diagnosis (dated on or after) the day you stayed/were sent home OR
- Provide a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result. Rapid style or store-bought home COVID-19 tests are not as reliable (per the CDC and IDPH) and will not be accepted. You will be required to repeat with a RT-PCR test in order to return to school/work if a rapid test result is received.
IF YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH A CONFIRMED POSITIVE COVID-19 INDIVIDUAL
IF YOU ARE NOT HAVING ANY SYMPTOMS LISTED ABOVE:
*Begin a 10-day quarantine (DAY 1 is counted the day after exposure to the positive person)
*If you choose to be tested, you must wait 5-7 days before getting a RT-PCR COVID-19 test
*Even if you test negative, you must finish the 10-day quarantine period
*Student Athletes may return on the 11th day to school but must complete a 14-day quarantine before participating in ANY SPORTS.
IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY SYMPTOMS LISTED ABOVE:
- Begin the 10-day quarantine (DAY 1 counted the day after exposure to the positive person)
- Get an RT-PCR COVID-19 test immediately
- If you test positive, you must quarantine for 10 days from the onset of your symptoms
- If you test negative, you must finish the 10-day quarantine period from onset of your symptoms
IMPORTANT: If your child was EXPOSED (less than 3 feet, masked, for more than 15 minutes cumulative in one day) to a COVID-19 positive student and has been sent home from school, they will need to remain at home for 10 days even if they have received and provided the health office with a negative RT-PCR COVID test result. The school health office/employer’s HR office will need a copy of your test results, positive or negative, allowing you to return to school/work.
Millburn Elementary School Health Office Phone - 847-245-2781 Fax - 847-356-9722
Millburn Middle School Health Office Phone - 847-245-1611 Fax - 847-265-8198