To improve your focus and attention:
Timing and sequence are an important part of decoding to read. Use this free application for a metronome to practice your timing. Remember, the longer you can stay on beat, the more it will improve your focus and attention.
- Set the beats to 60 to 75 beats per minute.
- Set beats to 2 beats per cycle.
- Clap beats trying to stay perfectly on the tone.
- Set the timer for 2 minutes.
- Extend the time as you get better.
- Once you can clap on the beat, try changing by clapping once on the beat and then tapping your foot once and then back to clapping. Clap, tap, clap tap, and so on.
- Once you can clap and tap for several minutes perfectly on the beat, print stories from your level and read them while clapping on the beat.
To get started, click on the link below. Have fun!