Section 6 - Instruction
Philosophy and Goals
Educational Philosophy and Objectives
The District’s educational program will seek to provide an opportunity for each student to develop to his or her maximum potential. The objectives for the educational program are to:
- Foster students’ self-discovery, self-awareness, and self-discipline.
- Develop students’ awareness of and appreciation for cultural diversity.
- Stimulate students’ intellectual curiosity and growth.
- Provide students with fundamental career concepts and skills.
- Help students develop sensitivity to the needs and values of others and a respect for individual and group differences.
- Help each student strive for excellence and instill a desire to reach the limit of his or her potential.
- Encourage students to become life long learners.
- Provide an educational climate and culture free of bias concerning the protected classifications identified in policy 7:10, Equal Educational Opportunities.
In order for the Board to monitor whether the educational program is attaining these objectives and to be knowledgeable of current and future resource needs, the Superintendent shall prepare an annual report that includes:
- A review and evaluation of the present curriculum.
- A projection of curriculum and resource needs.
- An evaluation of, and plan to eliminate, any bias in the curriculum or instructional materials and methods concerning the classifications referred to in item 8, above.
- Any plan for new or revised instructional program implementation.
- A review of present and future facility needs.
CROSS REF: 1:30 (School District Philosophy), 3:10 (Goals and Objectives), 6:15 (School Accountability), 7:10 (Equal Educational Opportunities)
ADOPTED: June 18, 2018