Section 6 - Instruction
AchievementPolicy 6:290HomeworkHomework is part of the District’s instructional program and has the overarching goal of increasing student achievement. Homework is assigned to further a student’s educational development and is an application or adaptation of a classroom experience. The Superintendent shall provide guidance to ensure that homework:
- Is used to reinforce and apply previously covered concepts, principles, and skills;
- Is not assigned for disciplinary purposes;
- Serves as a communication link between the school and parents/guardians;
- Encourages independent thought, self-direction, and self-discipline; and
- Is of appropriate frequency and length, and does not become excessive, according to the teacher’s best professional judgment.
Adopted: November 30, 2020