All about the teacher:
Kindergarten, Millburn Central School
Here is a little about my journey to Millburn Elementary School.
After high school, I attended CLC where I earned my Associate's Degree. Afterward, I ventured down to Southern Illinois University, where I earned both my Bachelor's and Master's degrees. While I was earning my Master's in Reading and Language, I co-taught full day kindergarten for two years.
I came back to Lake County, and was hired at Millburn Elementary School. That was 15 years ago. How time flies! Since that time, I have received my ELL Endorsement, as well. I've taught first grade for 11 years at Millburn and decided to make a grade level change into kindergarten 4 years ago! I am so excited to be back in kindergarten again!
Five years ago I married my husband, Jon. We have a 12 year old dog, Bailey, that we adopted five years ago. On September 30th 2015, we had our son, Eliassen. He's our happy, active boy, who loves music, trucks, and trains, to name a few .
I really enjoy helping students learn new reading strategies that will allow them to be successful, life-long readers. I am especially amazed when I am able to witness the "lightbulb" going off as students gain new knowledge.
- Favorite Color: Bright pink, aqua, lime green, yellow
- Favorite Season: Summer
- Favorite Holiday: Valentine's Day
- Favorite Food: Fruits/Veggies, Nuts.
- Favorite Treat: Dark Chocolate
- Favorite Restaurant: Panera, Julie's Coffee, Starbucks, The Chocolate Sanctuary
- Favorite Drink: Coffee, Kombucha, La Croix
- Favorite Sport: Baseball-Cubs
- Favorite Store: Target, Trader Joe's, Brainstorm, Amazon
- Favorite Hobby: Teaching/exploring with my son, Eliassen, reading, gardening, yoga, walking my dog.