Section 3 - General School Administration
Goals and Objectives
The Superintendent directs the administration in the management of the School District and to facilitate the implementation of a quality educational program in alignment with School Board policy 1:30, School District Philosophy. Specific goals and objectives are to:
- Provide educational expertise.
- Plan, organize, implement, and evaluate educational programs that will provide for students’ mastery of the Illinois Learning Standards.
- Meet or exceed student performance and academic improvement goals established by the Board.
- Develop and maintain channels for communication between the school and community.
- Develop an administrative procedures manual and handbooks for personnel and students that are in alignment with Board policy.
- Manage the District’s fiscal and business activities to ensure financial health, cost-effectiveness, and protection of the District’s assets.
- Provide for the proper use, reasonable care, and appropriate maintenance of the District’s real and personal property, including buildings, equipment, and supplies.
LEGAL REF.: 105 ILCS 5/10-16.7, 5/10-21.4, and 5/10-21.4a.
CROSS REF.: 1:30 (School District Philosophy), 2:20 (Powers and Duties of the School Board; Indemnification), 2:130 (Board Superintendent Relationship), 3:40 (Superintendent), 3:50 (Administrative Personnel Other Than the Superintendent), 3:60 (Administrative Responsibility of the Building Principal), 6:10 (Educational Philosophy and Objectives)
Adopted: October 28, 2019